Thursday, March 11, 2021

"Every kid needs a champion" -Rita Pierson

 I often think back on things I let slip away, or things I told myself I no longer have time for. Mostly activities I use to participate in. I use to run 5k's and practice running half marathons with my mom, and go to obstacle courses. When I was younger I use to love to paint and draw, and when I was in middle school I was in a school anime club. I would go to anime conventions and would practice writing books.

More often than not, I always wish I stuck with the artistic hobbies I let go. Myself, maybe like many of you, come from a very traditional family. You know, the one where you have to get a traditional well paying job. Truthfully, I think it's really normal for parents to want the best for you and to take the safe road. I think of all the occupations I told myself I wanted, and how I told myself no because they weren't "safe."

It's just something that slips my mind sometimes.

7 comments:

  1. It's a balance between practicality ("safe" occupation) and risk (end up a starving artist). We make our choices and it's not too late to choose differently :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathize with this post. I studied music all my life, danced, and played sports in high school. My parents were also "practical" people; however, don't be sad about leaving your hobbies behind. I like to believe that life takes us where we need to be. You could also pick them up at any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all feel the same way about letting things slip away as we get older. I have had the same thoughts throughout my life but I guess that is just part of our life and how we grow from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were many hobbies that I wish I had continued doing but ended up stopping. I actually studied Korean for about 2 years, was able to read, write and somewhat understand but eventually I stopped and began to forget more and more each day. These days I want to start again but I feel like I have to start from the beginning again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang Harley I bet you're super fit. I'm over here with my 2 layer muffin tops LOL. I could never run since I dislike the outside deeply especially now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never really explored different hobbies or even school clubs when I was younger, I just stuck with collecting things like legos and playing video games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love skateboarding back in highschool and ever since I graduated and my skateboard broke I never got around to getting back into it.

    ReplyDelete