Wednesday, March 3, 2021

The not so smart debate team.

 Now I don't know about your friends, but mine love to "debate."

Mostly about topics that don't matter in the grand scheme of things, but the "debates" mostly resemble an argument. Some of the topics we've talked about include (hear me out) if the Earth is flat, the meaning of Deja Vu, and if dogs are actually color blind. More topics include things like why do we eat what we do? Like who saw a chicken pop an egg out and think to eat it? I myself always wonder why people chose to eat cows, versus eating an something else? By no means are any of our debates scholarly, but most of the time they are just interesting questions (well to us).

Do you yourself ever wonder things like this?

8 comments:

  1. Haha, the questions may not be scholarly but they are fun ;-p

    So why do eat what we eat? Perhaps because they are available? Easy to prepare? Or just plain taste good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool, actually. "Smart" is a relative term, either way. I one-hundred percent wonder things like that all time which is probably why I am always in crisis. Just kidding! My friends and I do this, too, and I usually love to "debate". However, one of them who minored in philosophy has a really hard time accepting defeat and instead, likes to press people's buttons in an argument and press for answers for her enjoyment. It takes the enjoyment and learning away from the process, so I just nod at what she says now. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I have always wanted to know if dog do see in black and white or if it is just a myth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like to debate people, if I don't agree with them I just don't say anything. Sometimes I can be very blunt and I'm pretty sure I'll end up hurting people's feeling cause when I get invested in something I have a hard time letting it go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't often "debate" or argue much. Most of the time I would just state my thoughts then just listen. I like to see other peoples take on things and maybe even learn from it. Even if the "debates" aren't scholarly maybe I can learn from their ideas or something :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fun to jump into some dumb silly topics and debate about but if it becomes anything about politics or just a topic I don't know anything about, I keep my mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friends and I constantly debate the world's greatest mysteries, we often disagree.

    ReplyDelete