Saturday, February 27, 2021

Plant Children

Polka Dot plant

 I know I've made a post before about my favorite plant, however I'd love to talk about my plants in general. As crazy as it sounds, something about caring and watching plants grow is so satisfying. I don't have too many plants but the ones I do have I take a lot of pride in. I check their moisture levels frequently and have a humidifier just for them.

My plants are somewhat symbolic to me. Sometimes when I was sad I would go buy a plant to make me feel better, or even happy moments in my life I would go buy a plant. For instance, when I got a job after Covid, the first thing I did was go buy myself a baby Snake plant.

Years ago I got my grandma a bunch of succulents, and when I potted them for her there was one too many. I decided to keep the extra one for myself and here we are almost four years later, and that succulent is now ginormous. Ever since then I just started getting more and more plants. 

The attached image is of my baby Polka Dot plant. I love it any think it's beautiful, but I wouldn't recommend it to people who are just starting their plant journey. It's a pretty high maintenance plant.



7 comments:

  1. What an artistic expression! The succulent plant and its pot looks like a doll ^_^ Hmm... maybe you can present a slideshow to the class on what it took in the past fours to raise that succulent plant to its ginormous size today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of a baby snake plant, what is that?Your passion for plants is very cool it does seem pretty meditating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure it's super gratifying to see the fruits of your labor when it comes to taking care of plants. They require so much patience. Other than hiring for baristas, I will personally hire a plant caretakers. We're doing our best, but we just started out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that pot! It matches the name of the plant really well :) I thought the face painted onto it was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm never really a big fan of growing plants cause I feel like I get too impatient and I needed to see the result over night LOL. Anyway, at least you find a hobby you like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely not one to maintain plants, my mom has always been the one to wake up every morning and water what ever plants we would have at the time. While I would neglect them, unsure if they are real or fake at a quick glance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually just recently got a bamboo plant and its pretty cool to look at lol, where did you get that flower pot?

    ReplyDelete