Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Isla del Encanto

One of my favorite places is Puerto Rico. A big chunk of my family still lives there and its my home away from home. My family lives down South in Patillas, also nicknamed the Emerald of the South because of the beautiful greenery. A couple of my favorite things about Puerto Rico are the beaches, the people, the natural beauty of the island, and the food! There's so much history to be known about Puerto Rico and no matter what municipality you go to on the island, you can always find a trace of history. I've met some of my best friends in Puerto Rico. Boricuas are some of the most kind and resilient people I'ved met, and every trip I've made out there I always come back with more friends.
Some of my favorite things to do out there are to visit the small islands of Puerto Rico (most people don't know there's more than one), go to the rum factories, visit museums, go to the rain forest, and lay on the most beautiful beaches I've seen.
I miss it a lot and I hope to return soon.

The attached images are one of my favorite beaches in Culebra  and the second is the view from my abuelitas house on the mountain.

10 comments:

  1. The view from your grandmother's house on the mountain is beautiful :-) I hope you get to visit your family there soon ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... the pictures of the views are lovely! I love how the blue skies are similar to the ones here. And the museums will be right up my alley. I love that you visit the other islands there too instead of just the most common one. The ones that are often overlooked have so much to offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this beautiful anecdote. Puerto Rico has always caught my eye and I really wish to visit some day ESPECIALLY to the parts that are not riddled with American tourism. My wish is for you to visit as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful I want to go visit there some time looks peaceful.Thank you for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the scenery is beautiful in Puerto Rico.. As someone who stays indoors most of the time, I will always take the time to appreciate beautiful scenery when I get the opportunity to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking environment. I've always wanted to visit Puerto Rico and have met a lot of people from there who were fun to interact with. Thanks for showing these beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it expensive to live there? The view look nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been to Puerto Rico before when I was young, but it was so long ago I don't remember much at all. The only thing I remember were large moths everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is absolutely beautiful, I would love to just drop everything and go live in a beautiful place like that. I love to fish those crystal clear waters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my vacation destination spots for sure.

    ReplyDelete